Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

(Paper) Trail Makers Design Team Announcement


I am so excited! The announcement was made today . . . I was selected to serve as a Design Team member for the (Paper) Trail Makers Challenge Blog! (also take the time to check out the Paper Trail store - great site!) Six members were selected for a six month term. As some of you know, I've been scrapbooking for over a decade, and enjoy cropping and scrapping in my spare time. Over the past few months, it occurred to me that I could - and should - combine my two passions (writing and scrapbooking), so I began to investigate ways to build my scrappy resume. Becoming a Design Team member became a goal. When I read the call for this particular team, I knew it was a perfect fit for me, for leaving a paper trail of my life (and my family) is exactly why I scrapbook. So, I worked to complete the challenges and submitted my layouts . . . and then wondered why I had tried. Then, I got the offer! Yea!!!

I am really looking forward to the opportunity to work with such talented individuals, and to exploring and developing my own talents. I hope you'll take the time to check out the blog - Karen does a great job, and all the Design Team members are extremely talented.

By the way, I celebrated last night - popped a bottle of wine and sat down to browse the most recent Creative Memories catalog. More on that in another post.

And another note: check out the card I put together tonight. The handwriting was a bit of a challenge to myself - I don't like my own writing, but I am attempting to use more of it in my creations
.


No comments:

Post a Comment