Search This Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Layered Turtle

Any of you who follow my writing blog (at www.lorirobinett.wordpress.com) know that I am a turtle lover. When I redid my bathroom last spring (who am I kidding . . . it's STILL a work in progress!), I allowed space for some artwork. Now that a year has passed, I decided it was time to make something for that room. Since I love turtles and I associates turtles with water, it seemed like a turtle on canvas was a good way to start. I spritzed a stretched canvas with Heidi Swapp ColorShine ink in green and blue, then I cut out a turtle in layers using my Gypsy and Expression. The top layers were run through my Cuttlebug to give it some texture. I adhered it down using my Scotch ATG (love, love, love that thing!) and painted the turtle with ModPodge (which I think I got at Soul Sentiments, my LSS). The effect turned out incredible. The legs of the turtle curled just a tiny bit. The whole thing has a textural, modern look. I love it. And this photo doesn't begin to do justice to it! I love the way he swims along my wall!


This was my third (?) project using canvas. Have you made anything with canvas - if so, please comment below and let me know what you did and how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment